Sunday, August 6, 2023
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
An Annual Benefit for the Historical Museum at St. Gertrude
The Monastery of St. Gertrude and the Historical Museum at St. Gertrude’s invite you to the summer celebration of raspberries on the first Sunday of August!
Free admittance to the Historical Museum at St. Gertrude!
Living history characters will be stationed within the museum and on the grounds, such as:
- Sr. Radegunda Bischofberger, our last Swiss Sister
- Mother Eugenia Schallberger, who built the annex
- Mother Regina O’Connell, prioress during Vatican II and administrator while building St. Mary’s Hospital
- Sr. Magdelan Suter, one of the three founding Sisters
- Abbot Fortunat Marchand, who built the grotto
Come view the Historical Museum’s seven state-of-the-art galleries and be immersed in meaningful and relevant stories of the Camas Prairie and the people who have lived here.
Carla Wilkins, curator of the Historical Museum, extends a heartfelt invitation:
“Come join us on the front lawn of the Monastery!
We can’t wait to see you all this summer.”
Raspberry goodies for sale!
Shortcake, bread, ice cream
Raffle – see the list of prizes
Ask a Sister booth
New, Used and Vintage Sale
Art Show at the Spirit Center
Vendors will be offering:
Soaps, salves, body products
Hand sewn decor and bags
Spices and oils
The Raspberry Social is an Annual Benefit for the Historical Museum at St. Gertrude, a ministry of the Center for Benedictine Life at the Monastery of St. Gertrude, Cottonwood, Idaho.