Leaving a Legacy
Each day, you share your values and vision, your unique joy and gifts that radiate outward in ways that will outlast your physical lifetime.
Leaving a legacy gift to the Center for Benedictine Life at the Monastery of St. Gertrude allows you to also extend your values through this sacred place that is always answering the world’s need for prayer, hospitality, beauty, and healing in dynamic ways. Your influence amplifies to help inspire and sustain the Center for Benedictine Life.
As with most things in life, the decisions you make now can greatly affect the future. There are many ways you can designate a legacy gift today, while still having the flexibility to respond to whatever life may hold tomorrow.
Benefits of Making a Planned Gift
• Naming the Center for Benedictine Life at the Monastery of St. Gertrude through a bequest in your will or living trust costs nothing now, as the asset you donate goes to the Center for Benedictine Life only at your death.
• With most gifts, you can change your mind at any time. You are not locked into a decision you make today.
• There is no minimum gift required. Every gift makes a difference.
• Your gift ensures your lasting legacy and sustains the Center for Benedictine Life haven of Benedictine spirituality for generations to come.
• The monastic community honors deceased benefactors who have made a planned gift of $10,000 or more through the Grotto Garden, where stones engraved with the names of those who have helped sustain the future of the Center for Benedictine Life are placed. Stones may also be placed in honor of a loved one. Cremated remains may be placed in the garden, as well. Contact us at 208-962-5060 to discuss memorial options.
Common Ways to Designate a Legacy Gift (Gifts by Bequest)
It’s simple – you name the Center for Benedictine Life at the Monastery of St. Gertrude as a beneficiary in your will or living trust, designating the gift of your choice. Or, request a change of beneficiary form from the company holding your assets and include us as a full or partial beneficiary. You maintain complete control of your assets during your lifetime.
Contact us at 208-962-5060 to discuss options.
Join the Zumstein Legacy Circle
Those who make a commitment to the future of the Center for Benedictine Life at the Monastery of St. Gertrude through a legacy gift are known as the Zumstein Legacy Circle, in honor of Mother Johanna Zumstein — the faithful and courageous founder of St. Gertrude’s. Legacy gifts ensure her vision, along with the shared values and ministries of the monastery endure. Members of the Zumstein Legacy Circle receive recognition in our annual stewardship report. and during our annual appreciation day.
Contact us at 208-962-5060 to request more information.