The 25th Annual Raspberry Festival began with nearly seventy runners and walkers who took the 8 a.m. course toward Keuterville and back in the Fun Run & Walk. The event was followed by a pancake breakfast and the opening of the Arts & Crafts Fair, art show, car show, Museum, and kids’ carnival.
There was live music throughout the day near food tents with hamburgers, barbecue beef sandwiches, sausages, raspberry shortcake, and raspberry lemonade.
Sister Lillian Englert led tours in the chapel, describing the over one hundred years of history the Benedictine Sisters have in Cottonwood. Sister Carlotta Maria Fontes directed the Kids’ Carnival and other Sisters served raspberry lemonade, raspberry shortcake, and generally welcomed the thousands of the guests that came to the Monastery for Raspberry Festival.
A vigorous volunteer corps helped set up, cook and serve food, and sell raspberry products.
The sisters and the festival chairs JoAnne Zimmer and Judy Snyder are especially grateful to the festival sponsors: Cottonwood Community Federal Credit Union, Arnzen Building Construction, Camas Prairie Angus Ranch, Sonnen’s Meat Processing, Devin’s Home Care, P1FCU, St. Mary’s Hospital & Clinic, Arnzen Drug, Mountain View Dentistry, Vic and Shirley Gehring, Pine Tree Credit Union, Inland NW Services, The Tire Guy, Avista, Blue Fox Theater, Bud’s Power Sports, Camas Prairie Insurance, Cash & Carry Market, Cliff Reed Inc., Cottonwood Chamber of Commerce, Cottonwood Foods, Forsmann Accounting, Fred’s Body Shop, Gehring Electric, Hoene Hardware, Hometown Auto, Idaho County Light and Power, Idaho County Propane, Idaho Forest Group, Keuterville Pub & Grub. Prairie Community Library, Riener Concrete, Riener’s Grocery, Solberg Agency, The Gym, The Hangout, Wasem’s Inc., White Horse Business Center, Williams Plumbing Heating and A/C, The many friends of the Monastery
2017 Raspberry Festival Raffle Winners
- $300 Cash ~ Peggy Pulley
- $200 Cash ~ Maggie Rosenthal
- $50 Cash ~ Christopher Hartwig
- $50 Cash ~ Ed Lustig
- Inn-2 Night Stay ~ Lowell Williams
- Spirit Center Retreat ~ Dave Vauk
- Welcome Center Gift Basket ~ Judy Wayenberg
- Quilt by MOMs ~ Zeta Bates
- Hand knit Lace Shaw by Jeannette Kelley ~ Glen Wassmuth
- Handmade Table Cloth Sr Mary Marge ~ Helen Peterson
- Ernie’s Steakhouse Gift Certificate ~ Larry Workman
- Applebee’s Gift Certificate ~ Holladay Sanderson
- Shari’s Gift Certificate ~ Joan Hoff
- CFried Steak Dinner for 4 at Keuterville Pub & Grub ~ Maureen Matlock
- 2 Prime Rib Dinners at RoDonna’s Country House ~ Linda Oifac
- Buy 2/ Get 2 dinners at Trestle Brewing Co ~ Gerry Bulger
All winners have been notified and prizes have been picked up or mailed!
2017 Raspberry Festival Fun Run & Walk Results
2017 Raspberry Festival Art Show People’s Choice Awards
Shane Chapman won the People’s Choice award for his charcoal work, “St. John.” Shane was also the 2nd place winner. David Martin won 3rd place in the People’s Choice Award with his photo. See photos…
2017 Raspberry Festival Car Show People’s Choice Awards
results to come