L.I.V.E. – More Than A Vision :: Benedictines in the 21st Century: a new time, a new vision, a new model
With Sr. Teresa Jackson, OSB
April 23, 2023
More than a vision: Making new forms of Benedictine life a reality today
In this time of change, where is Benedictine life headed? Is it time for a new way to look at what it means to be a Benedictine?
Join us for a series of ZOOM presentations about how the Center for Benedictine Life at the Monastery of St. Gertrude in Cottonwood, Idaho is creating a new model for Benedictine communities today. The leaders will include a variety of people actively involved in building the Center for Benedictine Life including Sisters, oblates, employees, and cohousing members.
The topic for this session is:
1) Benedictines in the 21st Century: a new time, a new vision, a new model
- Presented by Sr. Teresa Jackson O.S.B.
Dates and times for other topics in the series are:
2) More than friends of the monastery: A new identity for oblates – Details
- Presented by Jane Somerton Obl.S.B., Debbie McCoy Obl.S.B., and Nadine Grady Obl.S.B. of the St. Gertrude’s Oblate Community Leadership Team on Sunday April 30th 1:30 Pacific Time/2:30 Mountain/3:30 Central/4:30 Eastern
3) Oblate leadership: Oblates building their own communities – Details
- Presented by Jane Somerton Obl.S.B., Debbie McCoy Obl.S.B., and Nadine Grady Obl.S.B. of the St. Gertrude’s Oblate Community Leadership Team on Sunday May 7th 1:30 Pacific Time/2:30 Mountain/3:30 Central/4:30 Eastern
4) We’re all in this together: Benedictine formation for all – Details
- Presented by Barbara Jean Glodowski O.S.B and Tim Oberholzer on Sunday May 14th 1:30 Pacific Time/2:30 Mountain/3:30 Central/4:30 Eastern
5) New wineskins for cenobitic communities: An exploration of new legal and organizational structures – Details
- Presented by Teresa Jackson O.S.B and Mary Schmidt on Sunday May 21st 1:30 Pacific/2:30 Mountain/3:30 Central/4:30 Eastern
6) Living Benedictine life beyond the vows: introducing the Benedictine Cohousing Companions – Details
- Presented by Edrea Eisenhauer and Janine Mariscotti on Sunday May 28th 1:30 Pacific Time/2:30 Mountain/3:30 Central/4:30 Eastern
St. Gertrude’s L.I.V.E. (Living In a Virtual Environment) offers online programs to further opportunities for prayer, learning, community, and spiritual growth from a Benedictine perspective. We look forward to bringing the Monastery of St. Gertrude to you, wherever you are.
Sister Teresa made First Profession at the Monastery of St. Gertrude, Cottonwood, Idaho in 2000 and began working with the retreat ministry. As part of an outreach program, she traveled across Idaho, Washington, and Oregon facilitating retreats as well as organizing meaningful experiences for often overlooked groups – parish secretaries and women pastors, for example – at the Monastery. In 2007-8, Sister Teresa earned her Certificate in Monastic Studies from St. John’s University in Minnesota. She is a former co-coordinator of the monastery’s oblate community and co-director of the Oblates for the Future Symposiums. Sr. Teresa believes Benedictine life is…
Learn more about Sr. Teresa Jackson, OSB